Thursday, April 12, 2018

Krista,

I could not agree with you more on your reasoning behind being grateful for President Trump. In your article, A Liberals Gratitude For Trump, you stated that you were grateful for the tenacity and vigor that the American people have shown since President Trump has been in office. I am conservative but that does not mean that I condone the numerous horrifying statements and actions of our President and completely see how you are grateful for him. I too, applaud those who are standing up for what they believe in and trying to make our society ethically right.

With the #MeToo movement, women are now being able to have a voice in sexual misconduct in and out of the workplace. This movement is a huge milestone for all women and our place in society. Those who were once afraid to say something due to retaliation and loss of a job are now able to stand up for themselves and fight for what is right. For this, I too, am grateful for President Trump.

With primaries being over in Texas, we saw literal record breaking numbers in the number of Democrats who voted. Those who believe that we need change in our city, state, and country are coming out in ginormous waves of support. You also mentioned that now we are seeing shifts in the political power balance. We did see huge amounts of first-time female candidates and I cannot express how great that makes me feel. I agree with you in being grateful for President Trump.

Overall, you and I may not see eye-to-eye on policies and that's okay. But I can honestly say that I agree with you. I agree with you that with President Trump being in office, he has affected millions in our country of all ages to stand up for what they believe in.

No comments: